Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bouth an 01 Audi A4 from the dealership with 35500 miles on it. Now it has 37 and some change. I got back yesterday from a long drive (100 miles) to the nearest BMW dealership to pick up parts for this weeks project. I used the tiptronic and then i got home i got ready for wirk and went out to start the car in which time it cranked and did not acually start.Is this a common problum with this year or just the A4 or has no-one heard of this before? Please help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it is just a common problem with these cars. I have seen a few other posts on here of other cars doing the same thing. I have a 99 a4 2.8 with the tiptronic and after long trips or frequent starts and shut off's its been a little bit harder to get it to turn over. I dont think it is a serious problem, but if you find out any more about it! let me know!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the call from the dealer. It is a $525 procedure. What mine was was carbon build up on the valves, plugs and injectors. To totaly fix it it will involve replacing the thermostat with a lower tempurature one which is $1100 plus parts. I am starting to hate Audi.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
dont blame audi blame the previous owner for probly using cheat low octane gas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts