Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Here's my quandry. I own a 1984 BMW 528e which is getting a bit long in the tooth (although runs great). Owned another 318i overseas and was going for a 2005 530i even with the funky styling (check the hump on the rear deck). What has held me up is the recent Consumer Reports claim that the 5 and 7 Beemers are the "least reliable cars in America". Ach du lieber! The new Acura RL looks pretty slick also, BUT, have this feeling that Japan is just not the way to go. So....is the A6 the answer? Welcome any thoughts!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
thats actually a tougher question than you'd think.... however i'd say an audi is right for you, not sure about an A6 tho. The new A6 looks awesome, however, it isa first year all new car. Personally, i'd rather wait on it a few years so tehy can get all the quirks out (yes.. even audi has quirks... )

On another note, a girl friend of mine just sold her 530 - she hated it! iDrive was bad, trips to the dealer every month for another problem (all covered under warrantee, but still a pain)

If you decide to go the route of the new A6, wait around for the 4.2 V8 to be more available. The 3.0 is underpowered for the A6.

Look into an S4 if you have the means to get one... ;)

good luck, keep us posted

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been very happy with my '00 A6 and am seriously considering an '05 A6 4.2 in the Spring. I think that the Audi line delivers more for the dollar than similar autos. My only caution is that I've been less than excited about Audi's service, see my post under General Audi topics.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts