Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i am planning on getting a few upgrades for my 98 a4 2.8L in the next couple of days, i'm about to order the milltek exhaust, giac chip, and i'm also looking into getting some suspension products. i have a few questions,

has anyone ever bought a giac chip from AWE tunning, b/c they want me to send out my ecu and i was wondering how long it would take them to chip it, and send it back to me. also any personal info on the chip is greatly appreciated.

my other question is about what kind of suspension upgrades should i do. i was first planning on getting sport springs, but after realizing i would prob blow out my shocks i was thinking of purchasing this http://www.hopupracing.com/eifrandreprw2.html.

or should i just save up and go for the coil over sys. wat is the difference between coil overs and the eibach pro sys kit? please give me some pointers or ideas u think of!!!!

thank you
mandoh

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i think you should save up 3 days casue to ship there they get it and then change the chip and then send it out, and AWE is a good shop they are well known

and i say get coilovers casue they are worth it

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking of getting coil overs, i mean they r very nice but it's gonna be a daily driver and im not gonna be auto-crossing the car everyday lol. plus they are like another 500 dollars. and for the chip,wld i have to purchase anything else, b/c i was told my MAS cld fry if i put it on. can my stock parts handle the chip? and thanx for the info!!!!!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi Mandoh,

The Eibach system you referenced with the link is for newer A4's - 2000 to 2005 and they have the spring separate from the shock on the rear. If you look at your car I think you will see the spring is on top of the shock. (mine is on my 99 Avant) So you are looking at a different picture than what your system would look like.

In any event, I would still go with the adjustable coilover system if you can afford it. That way you can set your ride height. The Eibach systems are a set height, about 1.5" - 2" inches lower than stock. You get what you get and that's it.

Maybe wait on the chip and get the coilovers first.

VB

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow u'r right, i didn't even realize that. but i wld love to get coilovers but it's a lot of money and i'm not gonna be taking corners at 60mph. haha so i just want a set of springs that make my car look aggressive, but at the same time give me better handeling. and my friend is purchasing the chip for me as a graduation present which i'm also looking forward to. i can use that better throttle responce and 7100rpm range. do u no of any suspension kits made for the 98 a4 2.8l?

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
those r some awesome sites thanx a million, but hopupracing also has some good stuff for the a4 like the tein coilovers :), i 'll keep u guys posted

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've said it before and I will again. The coilovers for these cars are the s**t. I ran the eibach pro system before I swapped in the Tein SS coilovers. I'd never go back. Being able to adjust the ride height and dampening level has been awesome. If you do go with the Tein...the middle of the dampening(I've noticed) is only slightly stiffer than stock. I run mine 4 clicks firmer in the front and 3 in the rear. It's an amazing system. Very well designed and set up on the cars. Easy to adjust too.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i've done a lot of thinking and putting down a few more hundred bucks wont hurt me. i no the coilovers in the long run are worth it it's just i dont have the patience(lol). i might also buy myself a 94 sentra ser which is bolted for 1500 just to drive around as my s*** beater till i can save up some money and do wat i want to the A4. so i'll keep u guys posted thanx again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts