Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just got my hands on a lovely A4 Avant 1.9 TDI on a 02 plate (so i reckon it's a B5?). Now I want to change the headunit over to a Kenwood unit. I have a few questions...

1) If I take out the existing Chorus (single din) cassette unit, will I lose the information on the digital display between my rev and speedo dials. My brother has a Vauxhall and he got an adaptor for his Kenwood that made his digital display on his dash still display stereo details. Is there such a thing for the Audi?

2) In my glove box I have a Audi 6 CD unit. Is there anyway of this connecting to a Kenwood head unit?

3) I have a standard amp in the rear drivers side of the boot with a bass speaker next to it - it says 'Harmon Kardon' in small writing on it... is this a Bose system or not?

Hope someone can help me with the above.

Thanks,

Mr Audi.

·
Registered
32 Posts
1. Yes
2. ?
3. Sounds more like someone has changed the amp. Harmon Kardon supplies some very reasonable gear, it can be found in some cars as std equipment. Harmon Kardon is not Bose.

If it is a Bose system, the speaker grilles normally have Bose on them and the h/u says Bose on its display at startup.

If I were you, I would keep my Chorus (nice intergrated look) and add your aftermarket speaker/subwoofer and amp/s. It has line outs, so you can add RCA's to add your amp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts