Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i cant help notice a clicking noise coming from the left hand side of the engine bay, (oz model), its a 99 audi 1.8T. As for where from i dont even know what part its coming from! It is a black rectangular shaped box ( bout 80 x 80 mm ( from the top)) has one connector which is a cable and another which is a tube connected to it. I am so sure the clicking noise wasnt there before, it sounds like a spark is continously clicking??? any ideas wat it might be?

But i do know the noise is coming from the rectangular box as i can een feel the noise underneath my hands.

im a little worried, as i changing the steering rack tomorrow and i dont want to run into any more problems.....

·
Registered
272 Posts
need a pic of area as it may be your cam belt fraying so dont drive it and get it checked as its big money if it snaps if it is the cam/timing belt :unsure:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the noise a clicking noise guaranteed comiing from the black thing shown in the pic, i can even feel it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the noise a clicking noise guaranteed comiing from the black thing shown in the pic, i can even feel it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[attachmentid=695]the noise a clicking noise guaranteed comiing from the black thing shown in the pic, i can even feel it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
The ticking noise is from your charcoal canister which now and again vents off to the atmosphere which is normal and is nothing to worry about. I hope this puts your mind at rest. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts