Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently the ABS light is on and the Brake light flashes on my ‘99 Passat GLX. I found a walkthrough for a repair, but apparently did not perform the procedure correctly because the lights are still on. In the process I think I may have damaged the electronic brake module.

I have read that if I order a new unit it would need to be programmed, does this hold true if I replace it with one from a different Passat? I have 205,000 miles on it and I really would rather not put a lot of money into fixing it. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Currently the ABS light is on and the Brake light flashes on my ‘99 Passat GLX. I found a walkthrough for a repair, but apparently did not perform the procedure correctly because the lights are still on. In the process I think I may have damaged the electronic brake module.

I have read that if I order a new unit it would need to be programmed, does this hold true if I replace it with one from a different Passat? I have 205,000 miles on it and I really would rather not put a lot of money into fixing it. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!
Go here: CHEAP Bosch 5.3 ABS REPAIR VW Passat Audi A4 A6 A8 S4

They can fix modules that people have damaged trying to repair themselves.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts