Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 99 A4, 2.8 the oil light warning flashes as soon as the car starts to move. There is no oil level sensor per audi, we also just changed the oil pressure switch. oil pump seems to be working, as I can tell the oil level changing by looking at the oil dip stick when the car is on. any ideas as what else we cancheck for??? thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine was doing that..... you have to reset your computer... It flashes when its time for an oil change... unless it wasnt re-set the last time the oil was changed. i do my oil changes my self and and always forget to reset mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to mention that the OIL LIGHT flashing is on the BIG center display. It's the ICON of the oil pump, and it flashes in red. This should come on when the oil pump or pressure fails or you are very low on oil. In this case the 99 model. per Audi dealer does not have an 'oil level sensor', and I have already replaced the oil pressure switch.

for oil change intervals the oil will flash in the odometer section, reminding you that oil change is needed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
hummm. Sorry if i gave you wrong info. i didnt know there was more than one oil light. im new to this Audi stuff...plus.. mine is a 99.5. some of the stuff is different in the insturment cluster than on the 99s. the manual that came with my car is for 99, i need one for the 2000s! It still works...things arent that much different.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Texas A4.

I have the same Audi as you.

The Icon he is talking about is completely different to the red text "oil" flash that reminds you to change your oil.

Have you resolved this issue yet sataie?
My guess is electrical.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts