Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wats up everyone, wat do u guys think? should i keep my car(98 audi a4 2.8L triptonic) and mod the crap out of it, or should i get an 02-04 a4 1.8T(5spd) and do light mods. i'm asking this b/c my father offered $10,000 for my car b/c i just spent like 3500 on it fixing the control arms, timming belt, and water pump and his car died on him, so if i sell it i want to stick with audi. wat do u guys think. i also have college comming up so money will be tight!!!! :banana:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
there are n o mods for the 2.8 beside a very expensive supercharger
i would go with a 1.8t

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i know, thats wat i'm saying, i could keep my car and do everything i could possibly do performance wise, or i could get a 1.8T.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don't want the car to run low 10's i'm just saying if i do alot of work to the 2.8L like the p.e.s supercharger,pulleys,exhaust,intake,fuel management,chip,etc. the car will be fast!!! not as fast as a modded evo or sti,but it will hold it's own!!!! i raced my friends 89 turbo supra and he beat me by a 1/2 a car. not bad for a 3500 pound car

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sell the car to your Dad, get the $10,000 and then add another $3-4000 (which is what you will probably spend total on any kind of mods for either the 2.8 or 1.8) and buy an S4.

Leave it stock and drive the heck out of it. It is a much better car than any modded 2.8 or 1.8T as far as reliability and 250hp stock.

If you have some extra $$ eventually, then modding the S4 will give you gobs of power.

Just my 2 cents worth from all the posts you keep asking about modding. And you'll be spending your time driving which is a whole lot more fun than sitting and typing.

VB
and I do love my 1.8T Avant

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha u r absolutly rite, but i also need a car to go bac and forth from school, and the only s4 that i could find was an 01 with 45,000mi. cost $25,000, u can't get s4's in jersey cheap. so that's y i was looking into getting a newer 1.8T, or i could just keep my car and mod it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
You must have looked using Autotrader.com right?

Here's a 2000 S4, black, 92,000 miles and $13,900 in PA

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...g=en&cardist=97

or

2000 S4, silver 6-spd, $11,699 higher miles at 132,000 but who knows - in NH

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...dist=203#vdptop

You may have to cut and paste to get the URL into your browser.

What about traderonline.com?

Here's a green 2001, S4 - $12,900, 124,000 miles, in NH too.
http://www.autoextra.com/vehicledetail/adi...778897/do-basic

and a bit farther - you should like this one:

2000 AUDI S4, 50K mi, air bag, abs, ac, ps, cc, tilt, lthr, p/seats, p/windows, tint, pdl, p/mirrors, $14,000, 336-841-0001, HIGH POINT, NC

And hey, I'm on the west coast and I bought my car from Virginia, so don't think you have to stick with The Garden State cars.

VB

Attachments

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow, those are really nice S4'2 especially that last one, i might have to take a road trip to N.C.!!!!! thanx for u'r help volcanoblack, it's really appreciated, yea i need a car with low mi. b/c i'll be driving like 1hr. to school, but who knows i might just stay there. thanx again :liebe011:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts