Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning everyone, I'm trying to remove the evaporator housing on my wifes 97 Cabriolet. I've got the dash out and the housing is loose, but I know I don't have all the nuts holding either the heater core housing or the evap.housing off. I have Mitchell on Demand but it only say's remove the bolts and nuts from the engine compartment side, no details on where or how many. So far I found 2 nuts near the heater hoses and 2 up under the cowl where the fresh air intake is. Can somebody tell me if there are any more and how many please. I surley appreciate any help you can give me, since she has been gone all week and I still don't have this fixed and she needs to drive the car to work on Mon. Thanks in advance. Bob

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bob,
I am currently trying to replace the heater core on my friends 94' 90CS Quattro.
I think that it may be one of the hardested things I have ever attempted. The entire dash is out along with the evaporator/heater core. I had to undo two hoses that bolt through a boot in the firewall with an allen wrench head. These hoses are freon hoses I think and I know they go to the evaporator. I am reasssembling everything now and cannot seem to line the host through the firewall to the boot.
Let me know if any of this helps,
Stephen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts