Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all

Just put some money down on an 1996 A4 quattro ? Can anyone tell me if this is an OK car?
I now have the heebbee jeebbies , wondering if this is going to be a nightmare ? thanks for all info anyone can throw at me !

·
Registered
3 Posts
96 audi a4 quattro

wat up dude! i have this ride and right now, id hate to say it, but its a nightmare. I've had quite a few problems....alot of electrical and a few engine. i guess if you maintain it right and have the money to take it to the dealer here n there youll be fine....

·
Registered
239 Posts
which a4 is it? petrol or diesel?
i have had mine 2.5 years, and its been fairly good to me
it a depends on its history
i would have no problems buying an a4 quattro again

when they go wrong, they can go very wrong, but with any used car, its luck of the draw really

·
Registered
3 Posts
audi a4

that black audi's clean! ...yeah i agree.my ride was a hand down.its a 96 a4 quattro 2.8 (petrol.). it has about 135,000 miles. it runs really well most of the time, but when i get problems with it, its pretty bad....but yeah it is always a gamble with used cars

·
Registered
36 Posts
It really depends what model you have and what you expect. I assume it's a 2.6 Quatty?

·
Registered
314 Posts
i have an 01' A4 Q and it's been pretty good to me. As all the posts above suggest, it depends on the previous owner/s. If you're good to it, it will be good to you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have a 96 2.8 Q avant
changed cam belt pulleys and tensions as you would expect had a bad rear bearing which can be costly to replace as you usually have to do the rear abs sensors which arnt cheap but that's about all the trouble I had with it which TBA I expected some trouble as its an old car but would tell anyone to try it as Q are cool and i love mine power road holding is second to none

johno

·
Registered
314 Posts
i have a 96 2.8 Q avant
changed cam belt pulleys and tensions as you would expect had a bad rear bearing which can be costly to replace as you usually have to do the rear abs sensors which arnt cheap but that's about all the trouble I had with it which TBA I expected some trouble as its an old car but would tell anyone to try it as Q are cool and i love mine power road holding is second to none

johno
Here's a cheaper alternative ModuleMaster rebuilds ABS modules for as low as $100, 2 day average turn-around, 5 Year Guarantee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts