Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I'm trying to get a little advice regarding a top end rebuild of a '95 90 Quattro (2.8L AFC Engine) that I am currently in the process of undertaking. I'm new to this, I have rebuilt a 4-stroke engine recently and understand most of the basics of how it operates, and I learn quickly as I do things, but I also understand I have started a very intricate and time-consuming process. I'm only going as far as taking the cylinder heads off and rebuilding those, and trying not to deal with the pistons or cylinders if possible. I have disconnected most of the stuff in the way by this point, and looking at taking off the intake plenum soon, after I disconnect the fuel lines and remove the injectors. I haven't done any work with fuel injection systems but just had a recall on the fuel rail and so I have a new rail and a pressure regulator as well. It looks like a simple connection for both the inlet and the outlet, but I definetly need to know more about depressurizing the fuel system before I disconnect the rail. Does anyone know the best way to do this so I don't kill myself, and if I will have to plug the fuel lines at any point? I also think I will drain the coolant from the engine before pulling the heads, as I've heard it will drain all into the head. Is there anything I should look for when draining the coolant from this model? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am trying to learn everything as I go. Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is no need to take special care in relieving fuel pressure. Just disconnect the lines, yes fuel is going to spill out, but its not going to kill you. The only thing I would suggest is to wear rubber gloves when doing this. Also, as far as draining the coolant, there is a drain plug located in the radiator at the bottom. That should get most of the coolant out of the entire cooling system

1 - 2 of 2 Posts