Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting 2 different ops on this . I want to remove it to flush out the old brake fluid but I have been told by some that NO..it can not be removed & others say YES.. it can be removed...which is it? If it can.. HOW????:mad::confused:

My other question is...my Back-up lights are always on. I've checked the trunk wiring & it's pristine. No breaks or cracks. Is it the Multi-function switch on the Auto-trans?:D:eek::confused:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Some of them do come out and some of them don't. For flushing the old brake fluid I just did it old school. opened all the brake bleeders on the calipers and continued to pump until the fluid was really low on the resevior. Then closed the all the bleeders filled the res up to the top then bled the system one brake at a time. Starting from the drivers front to the passenger front then the drivers rear to the passenger rear...keep doing this while making sure the res is always topped up with the new fluid until you see new fluid coming through the bleeders on all brakes. Then your done. But make sure also that all the air is out of the system...that's why you don't empty the res all the way when you start just empty it enough so you can start putting new fluid in. Good luck hope this helps. Post back and let me know how you made out.

Greg!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts