Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a '94 Coupe 2.6 and it has developed an oil leak which seems to be comming from the base of the engine. I've had a look arround the top and sides within the engine bay, but can't find any evidence. Also when the car is staitionary with the engine running and the warm air fan on, it blows through in to the cabin a strong smell of oil, it smells like it is dripping onto somthing that is very warm, possibly the exhaust? Once the vehicle is moving, the smell dissapears.

Hope you can help?

Phillyassfog! :liebe011:

·
Registered
186 Posts
One good way to locate an oil leak is to pressure wash your engine and then inspect it a few days later. You should find exactly where the leak is that way.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I had the same thing recently and found that it was the sump gasket that had a leak, pretty easy to replace on a 2.6 - you'll need to remove 2 bolts that hold a pipe in place (contains the wiring loom from the negative on the battery) and then the sump bolts, once you've removed the sump you'll have another set of bolts to remove from the oil pump housing - once that's all off you can replace te gasket - assembly is the reversal of te above.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts