Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a 1994 Audi 80e wagon from a neighbour which has been sitting for a couple of years in his driveway not being used. Possibly due to lack of use, the oil light is coming on when it runs. It momentarily goes out when the engine starts, but as soon as I accelerate the light comes back on. I took it for a spin down the motorway and the light went out and stayed off for that trip. It sounds reasonably quiet in the overhead gear as if it is receiving oil. Can lack of use cause something in these to jam or stick and cause the light to come on?
Also, there is a light at the top of the dash cluster with a brake-like symbol (like the park light) and an exclamation mark in the centre which was flashing when I started it up and took it around the block today. I haven't had a chance to grab a workshop manual for it yet. Is this an ABS light or perhaps some sort of fluid warning or something? Brake fluid level is fine, but I will be bleeding and replacing it in the next couple of days due to it sitting so long.
It has 143000km on the clock and was all going fine before it was taken off the road.

·
Registered
28 Posts
it could be an oil pressure sensor, hard to know, i take it it has plenty of oil in it? the brake lights and abs lights are serparate so not abs, there are a couple of differant brake systems on the 80s. one has a pressure accumulator(hydraulic) and the other vacuum(pneumatic) brake master cylinder. each with there own problems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts