Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
i own an audi 80, 94 coupe model. when i have the steering wheel full locked to one side and try to reverse, a very loud sound can be heard and won't stop until you get out of the full lock position. The sound is kind of like a creek mixed with a whistle. Does anyone know why this is?
thankyou

·
Registered
72 Posts
reversing noise

Is the noise evident when you have full lock or only when you are reversing with full lock. The whistling sound may be from the hydraulics of the steering rack or the steering pump. The creaking sound may be associated with the Constant Velocity joints. If one of the boots is damaged and the CV joint is worn then you will hear something that sounds a little like a creaking noise.

If you have more information, happy to hear it.

Keith853

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sound is only evident when in full lock reversing. my power steering unit was faulty so i had it replaced and everything seemed to be running well, but now this sound comes. I have no idea waat to do. it seems to be problem after problem?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the same problem, after the mud flap mounting clips rusted through and the flaps got a bit floppy... but don't let whoever works on your car screw the flaps into the wheel arches with self tappers. Then you get rust!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts