Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 1993 audi quatra wagon cs100 with 82000. There are funny things that are happening--First, 6 or 7 different times the car will not go into the highest gear ( its an automatic) I then turn off the car and then turn it back on and it's fine. Yesterday, after driving it 30 miles, I turned it off, then came back to drive home and the headlights, outside temp. gauage, turn signals, and digital fan light panel wouldn't work. I made it home, checked all the fuses and couldn't find anything wrong. I then started it 15 minutes later and everything works?????? Any ideas???? thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sir,

I don't know AUDI well yet, but I worked in an automotive elctrical shop and have owned several VW's over the years and they are similar.

I have seen several issues with the AUDI 100 having loose grounding connections while surfing online.

Your problem is likely a single point where all of these items are commonly connected either on the source or ground side of the circuits. I hope that you have a schematic diagram handy. Look for the common point and check/clean it.

Good luck!
Clearview

1 - 3 of 3 Posts