Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just pickep up the aformentioned model and have a few questions to ask since there was no user manual in the glove box.

1. in the engine bay on the right there are three resevoir caps. one is the hydraulic fluid, one is the coolant, but whats the other one? it's wedged in and has a white cap.

2. the coolant and the hydraulic fluid levels seem to rise and fall. the levels hover from minimum to half full. Is this normal? (there is a coolant leak which is getting fixed on thursday so maybe it's something to do with that)

3. the air conditioner is out of cold gas. Is it replacable? expensive to replace?

4. the window wiper motors are pretty loud. Is this common on audi's of this model and year? expensive to replave for more quiet ones?

5. whilst driving on the highway and I have to slow down to a crawl, the car seems slightly hesitant with respect to gear and throttle. This is at minimum speed with the engine just ticking over. Hard to explain but a little lumpy. Would changing the gearbox (automatic) fluid fix that or do you think it's more of an ignition issue?

6. does anyone have or know where I can get hold of drivers manual for this car?

Sorry for all the questions but I really like this car. The way it looks, feels, and the little things like a light in the engine bay just add to the cool design thinking that went into it. positively cavernous boot space.

I'm not a mechanic in any way so I'll be going to a shop to get it checked over but was hoping I could atleast go there armed with some information.

thanks in advance

ps, the car has 150k km on the odometer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just to reply to my own thread, cos it's really cool like that, in no particular order:

6: duh, check online haynes or hayes has it, ordered over the net.

2: it just asploded all over the forecourt at the garage, just as well he ordered a new piece

3: freon , but i need to check for leaks (is that the veg?) with some pressure meter

1: it's for the window wipers

5: injectors Im guessing

4: no idea yet

1 - 2 of 2 Posts