Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Having just passed a garage and saw a silver audi 80 tdi estate se on the forecourt i just had to buy it. It's done 158k miles with full fvwagsh and looks mint. I think the clutch may need doing soon as the biting point is at the top of the peddle travel but thats no problem. My question is how many miles can a tdi engine do if its looked after. How many miles have your cars done and what problems have you had at what mileages.

Thanks in anticipation for your thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,

How many miles can they do ?

People are quoting 250k, although I've never seen this. I have a 1993 one with 105k on the clock and I have no proof of the milage. The cylinder head has been overhaulled, and it burn's very little oil and the emmissions at the last mot were negigable, and it runs superbly

Do you have any proof that the service history is genunine. Service history is as easy to forge as milage, especial if you are in the trade.

Can you contact the previous owner to verify the above?

I bought mine on ebay. It needed the following doing.

Head gasket.

Various things to do with the front suspension.

Brake Disc's & Pads all round.

Having solved all the problems, I would be reluctant to sell it.

BACK TO BUSINESS

The car you are interested in.

If the clutch needs doing Then the engine has to come out.

If your happy about the milage, and there is no blue smoke, after being driven 10/15 miles.

Finally there are no knocks or bangs whilst driving it. Then it might be what you are looking for.

Email me for any futher questions

[email protected]

All the best

David

·
Registered
7 Posts
my 2 penneth...

Had volvos for years, but into 2nd month of owning 1993 80 tdi 1.9...
I've done 3K in about 6 weeks and about to put another 2K on it ion the next 10 Days.

My Thoughts...

I get 43-50 MPG, (depends how I drive it) and engine has done 240K!!! FASH but still good going !!!

REALLY happy with mine, handles great, eats motorway miles and really economical

Hutch

·
Registered
7 Posts
forgot to mention...

Only issue I found was lack of serivce manual.. I have fudged through with a6 and a4 manuals.. CANNOT GET A HAYNES for the facelift model!

I've had to buy....
Temp sender on rad needed = £10
temp sender on back of block h20 out = £30

various bulbs and gear gater

1 - 4 of 4 Posts