Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, i no i'm pushing it to far and i should get my belt and water pump changed soon because i'm running on 93,500 mi. and i have not replaced either. but since i'm only 17 how much would it cost to change both the water pump and timing belt for a 98 a4 2.8L quattro.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i beleive it should cost around 800-1000
depending on who does it
it more labor then parts

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
well... i think more like £250 - $400 USD - Plus water pump...

Well thats about right for the UK#

Cheers

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i do have a 98 a4 2.8l quattro i'm pretty sure it has a belt but not 100% sorry to say. tryed looking it up in the manual but doesn't say if anyone one knows for sure wat it is please let me no. this is embarrising not knowing my car!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well Volcano seems pretty confident its a belt. One way to be certain is just call the local Audi dealer. I got mine done by an independent Audi mechanic. All in, belt, tensioner and waterpump was about CDA$800.
Not sure what the "skip stereo" refers to?

Good luck :57:

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi everyone i thought to give you the heads up on the timing BELT and water pump, i went to my mechanic today and we looked it up and it is a belt. it's ironic because when i walked in there was a vr-6 passat that was having work done and it has about 115,000 mi. and he didn't change the belt. so when the belt went, it destroyed his whole head and busted up his valves and instead of and $800 job, now it's a $2000 job to replace everything. well the belt and water pump is gonna cost me about $750, so good thing i checked up on it because it would have sucked if i ended up like the guy with the passat. well anyways thanx for all of your imput guys.
:liebe011:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts