Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm scratching my head on this one. I have a bad leak which has me putting around a quart of oil every 2 weeks in my 92 100 (w/ 164k) I just recently purchased. I complete washed down both underneath and top of engine and notice the leak is coming from the intake/cyl heads area; I've looked in-between intake and head and there is a pool. :huh: Are these 2.8L prone to oil leaks? Is there a crankcase 'flame trap' vent filter that needs replacement?? Or could it possible be a gasket?? I'm considering having the heads rebuilt with new uppper gaskets but if there is an alternative which one would know, I'd appriciate some advice on this one. Many thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am in the middle of a similar problem. I looked through the Tech Bulletins for the 100 and if the oil is in the valley pan area it can either be the valley pan is warped and the gaskets is leaking or the head gasket bolts are leaking. I have done the valley pan (pulled and got machined smooth) but have not done the head gasket bolts. These have a torque specification and you will need to follow the bolt tightening pattern. This weekend plan at looking at these bolts and also the crankcase ventilation system. :57:

What pressure is your engine running at idle (700-800 rpm) and then at 2000 rpm?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts