Audi Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. A few months ago I bought my first Audi - a 2010 A3 S-Line 1.8TFSI Sportback Black Edition. A gorgeous car. The guy who sold it didn’t disclose the oil burning issue it was having and it became apparent a couple weeks later. Anyway, long story short, I took it to my local Audi garage and they offered me 90% goodwill on the repairs - 60% from Audi head office and 30% from the local garage, meaning I am paying under £1000 for an engine rebuild. I got the car back yesterday and it’s like a dream. I had previously read that Audi don’t tend to do goodwill repairs on cars this old, especially without full Audi service history so I was incredibly suppressed when I got 90% off. Anyone else ever heard of this or been this lucky?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish! Very happy for you, but how did you do it? I have a 2017 S3, which I've had since 2018. Last week my local Audi garage diagnosed a problem with the synchromesh on one of the gears, and said it needed a new gearbox - £9k, please. The car has 44k miles, so no way should the gearbox have gone, but because I haven't had it serviced by Audi, neither the garage nor Audi UK are prepared to offer any goodwill help with the bill at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts