Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 Audi q 20V, it is having issues with its alarm system esp since I removed the factory head unit and replaced it with a better aftermarket cd player, I'm looking to get it to get the job done with out possibility of having to do lots and lots of tricky re wiring. I have that big bentley manual that seems to not be so complete. Any information will be useful thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found 3 bad door sensors they stick and had corrosion built up. I cleaned them off and as I thought it did not fix the alarm tweeking problem. The alarm will keep resetting its self even if i have the car unlocked and are working on it all night long. for now about all I can do is keep un locking it every time i need to open a door or start the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh my god my electrical system is possessed!
-This coming from someone who grew up with electrical engineers for parents, I'm also in the profession my self.

This is an interesting way to do the electrical systems in a car. Very very smart its over all power "drain" really is not all that much it does the job using the least amount of power consumption. However now that it is 19 years old and has 160k miles things have changed. most of the seals for things like window s/w and memory seats for e.g. they all rotted out 6-9yrs ago and are allowing moisture in. This is causing many components to not perform within spec, in turn wearing out the other systems down the line that much faster, I do have a total solution for this problem I will need a few months.

step 1 rip all oem wiring and electronics out!

step 2 put my wiring and electronics in!

step 3 install test/configure/adjust blah blah.....

just like that!!!

but seriously this is my second audi 90 q 20v and i have had it with electrical issue(s) I will go through the hassle and expense of r&d my own replacement components. I will have some thing on fotobucket or equiv site... anyway I'm gonna get back to wire hunting cya!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well if someone could give me a general walk through as to how the hardware is configured that would take hours off of wire mapping, I have a few clever ideas of my own ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts