Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody knows how to replace the headlight bulbs on a b7 a4????????i finally got my 6000k's osramn the damn things look complicated to change so if anybody knows plese say how

thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok si i finally firgure out how to change the headlight bulbs on the new b7 without removing bumber or anything,its actually p[retty easy and it takes about 45 minutos to an hour soon ill be posting pictures to create a guide for this,oooh yea and thanks for all the replys (they were none) im just being sarcastic lol so anyway wait for pics soon

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
On the B6 the correct way is to remove the headlight.. takes 10mins per headlight.. or as you say 45mins to mess about trying to undo and fasten the clip in agaon...

the only downside is you have to sometime touch the bulb and have a risk of dropping it..

also which bulbs you gone for??? you got a link.. i have some 4000K Philps and there really good... but would not mine some 6000k's..
are they still running at the same temp??

please post some pics of you bulbs in action for the effect./.

cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think the installation should be much the same as the BMWs:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.p...light=d1s+6000k

On BMWs generally all you have to do is turn the wheels to one side so you can access the plastic cover in the wheel well.

Unplug the cable to the bulb (make sure you turn off the headlights!)

Then you can release the wire clip holding the bulb in the headlight.

Reverse the steps and your done.

on "older" D2S equipped headlights, you should be able to access the headlight from the top (open hoood) remove dust cap from back of headlight, unplug from bulb by giving ballast plug quarter turn counterclockwise (like opening a jar) and then either release wire clip or turn plastic bulb holder to remove the bulb. Reverse steps and you're done

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
i have already posted before...

really simple..

You need to take the headlight unit out if its on the left hand side (due to power steering reservoir, if on the right hand side you can just about get to the cover to remove it...
If you need to remove the head lights .. it simple... 4 torque screws on the top.. undo and slide towards youself.... (place on something soft and remove the plastic cover and change bulb.. reinstall and tighten )

Thats all thats to it..

Which bulbs you got then?? can yuo post a link??

Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would love to see those pictures and to learn exactly how you replaced the bulbs. I want to do the same, but it looks like there is so much in the way of the bulb housing. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
A4 Lights...

Hey folks-
I'm new to the forum and I have an 06 A4 Quattro 2.0T 6spd M, but I find that the lighting is horrible. The dealer said that they set the light stance low on the driver side as not to blind on coming drivers, but I had better lighting on my VW GTI 1.8T.
What gives?
Any suggestions that won't blow my lease, won't change fuse/electrical and yet give me more visibility?
And yes I look forward to the pictures/description as to how to swap the bulbs.
Thanks so much in advance--very informative forum.
Keep it up!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
is it just the angle that bothers u or is it the lack of brightness
casue u can adjust the angle
or u can change the bulbs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Allwheelgrip-
Again thanks for your library of knowledge and posts.
I'm looking for more brightness ideally. Even on the passenger side I feel it lacks brightness. With the added caveat that I don't screw my lease.
Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts