Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a good chip for the 4.2 in my 01 A6? Also, I would like to add some nice chrome or S.S. tips to my exhaust but they are bent rather than straight out the back. Any ideas here?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Originally posted by Laseron+Jan 5 2005, 02:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Laseron @ Jan 5 2005, 02:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Who makes a good chip for the 4.2 in my 01 A6?
[/b]

GIAC has a good 4.2 chip

<!--QuoteBegin-Laseron
@Jan 5 2005, 02:48 PM
Also, I would like to add some nice chrome or S.S. tips to my exhaust but they are bent rather than straight out the back. Any ideas here?
Thanks
[/quote]

you'd have to get a new bumper if you wanted to get exhaust for your car. are you looking for more proformance or just looks?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by bhb399mm@Jan 5 2005, 03:18 PM
GIAC has a good 4.2 chip
you'd have to get a new bumper if you wanted to get exhaust for your car. are you looking for more proformance or just looks?

Just looks for now.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
eh.. i'd keep it stock then... you could modify your stock bumper for tips, but that'd be a mess... a new bumper (body kit) would give you holes for exhaust, but you'd have to modify the stock system to stick straight out rather than down to get tips on there. :huh:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been doing some research on both those subjects. There is a company called LLTEC on the web. They have mostly what you are looking for. Rear bumber needs to be replaced with a modified piece. Not sure if they just sell the tips, although they have a pretty sweet looking cat back exaust set up.

As far as the chip goes look as hypertech and jet. E-bay has some questionable stuff that they are promising alot for cheap.

Money

1 - 5 of 5 Posts