Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions to increase horse power on 04'TT V6. Anybody try chip upgrades? If so, what brands work best with this motor. What kind of install is required? Will this effect the warranty?............Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've heard from other's in this forum that a chip upgrade will definately effect the warranty. My Service Manager is pretty cool about this type of thing and has helped me in other way's so I feel I can trust him. He says right now, your choices are pretty limited.

All's I have done to mine is a K & N drop in High Flow Air Filter, and, I had a pin hole exhaust leak at the weld just prior to the exhaust port with the dampener. I got the muffler replaced under warranty and asked my service manager if they wouldn't mind arranging for the dampener to remain open. Of course I can't tell when I'm moving but I do know that prior to the replacement the dampner was closed at idle and now it is open. I haven't the best hearing and to me the car is too quite anyway. I know what I read about when you open up the intake and exhaust and if true I should be pushing a 10% increase in horse power. Not sure though. Not often I get to really lay down on the throttle for any length of time.

Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I agree, the car is way too quiet. Since the dealership set your dampener to open, do you notice a difference in acceleration? What about the sound? Does it make a big difference?
Where did you get your K&N filter? I can only find filters for 225hp and I'm not sure if they are the same size. Also, I'm waiting on a reply from a UK company with a new Exhaust for the 3.2L V6 250hp. I'll keep you posted when I hear something........Cheers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got the filter at Auto Zone. Not many carry this so you might just start calling around. the K & N Part Number is 33-2128. Comes ready to install w/instructions. You are probably already familiar with their product but just in case, the filter's last forever, require cleaning and new spay on oil every 50,000 miles. The new filter will come pre-oiled so you won't have to buy a cleaning kit for some time.

Honestly, I can't tell if the car has any more torque or Horse Power. Kinda like Chicken Soup for a cold, can't hurt. As far the sound, I can tell the difference when I get above 3500 rpm.

I've been reading about some Cat Back Stainless Steel Pipes/exhaust system. I can only believe they would improve performance. Just not ready to spend a thousand bucks on them. The dealer said if I replace the stock exhaust with the Cat Back units, it would only effect that part of the warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts