Audi Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm a bit curious. Here on the U.S side we have the S-Line version of the A3, Is it anything like the S3 i see in the Europe side? Long story short, if its different, how so,and whats the word on its appearence for in the US? Taking a step further, how about the RS3? What are the different spec differences from A3 on up?

Sry if this seems like alot in one (first) post but it seemed easier than posting several similar posts.

Thanks for any replys! :)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
the SLine is nuthin like the S3, the SLine is cosmetic no performance

the new S3 is a 2.0T FSI with beefed up internals and turbo

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
woodhamd said:
Disappointing that the S3 is only the 2.0 FSI. Why on earth they didn't put the 3.2 in defies belief. :eek:
The new S3 2.0 fsi is much more powerful than the older 1.8 version and runs at 265bhp as standard.The 3.2 lump is no where near as powerful YET on its own but they plan to beef it up and put in in the S3 next year . The new RS3 which will have the turbo charged v6 which will produce 350 bhp.That will be the quickest small hatchback on the roads. Read this link for more info - Cartype : Audi RS3

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's more like it! The 3.2 engine has awesome sound, appologies to FSI owners - BWT I've a diesel :)

Just an engine sounds better when the frequency of it stays within human audible range :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I also read that the 3.2 v6 with quatro (S-line) is just a tad bit slower than the nonquatro 2.0t.... Seems silly to me, is some truth to this?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
mabe the 3.2 with quattro is slower then the 2.0T FWD becasue of the added weight and powerloss to the wheels becasue of 4wd

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm sure the 3.2 is quicker to 60 than the 20T, 4WD or not,there's not alot in it, half a second, unless you mean the S3 20T which is up graded and so faster but only just, i wonder what the differance is on the open road.
Dont really see the point of the S3 not a great deal different that the 3.2 s-line, but it does have the badge.
That said i know i would have the S3 but not to sure of the body kit, would like to see one in the flesh.
The 3.2 does drink more fuel than the 20T for not alot more pace, but it's a V6. which sounds lovley.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
bit of info for you....

The 3.2 Quattro

Weight1525 kilo / 3362 lbs
Drivetrain
Engine 15º V 6 Engine Location Front , transversely mounted
Displacement 3.189 liter / 194.6 cu in
Valvetrain 4 valves / cylinder, DOHC
Fuel feed
Fuel injection Aspiration Naturally Aspirated
Gearbox DSG 6 speed Automatic Drive Quattro All wheel drive

Performance figures

Power 250 bhp / 187 KW @ 6300 rpm
Torque 320 Nm / 236 ft lbs @ 2500 rpm
BHP/Liter78 bhp / liter
Power to weight ratio 0.16 bhp / kg
Top Speed 250 km/h / 155 mph(limited)
0-60 mph Acceleration 6.3 s

NEW S3

WeightN/A
Drivetrain Engine Straight 4
Engine Location Front , transversely mounted
Displacement 1.984 liter / 121.1 cu in Valvetrain 4 valves / cylinder, DOHC
Fuel feed Direct Fuel injection
Aspiration Turbo
Gearbox 6 speed Manual
Drive Quattro All wheel drive

Performance figures

Power 265 bhp / 198 KW @ 6000 rpm
Torque 350 Nm / 258 ft lbs @ 2500 rpm
BHP/Liter134 bhp /
liter Power to weight ratio N/A
Top Speed 250 km/h / 155 mph(limited)
0-60 mph Acceleration 5.5 s

and the S3 LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER!! INSIDE AND OUT!

Thanks

Rickt

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks like too much of a racer boby kit for me, but would like to see on in the flesh.
I'm off to the dealership today wonder if they have any yet, they alway have a different RS/S4 every time i go there.
0.8 of a second is quicker to 60 wonder how they fair at ingear accleration.
But the V6 what a sound.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
The new S3 is not out in Europe till the end of this year.... so i guess in the us it may be another 6 months like always for the US??

Rickt

·
Registered
19 Posts
Stannary said:
Looks like too much of a racer boby kit for me, but would like to see on in the flesh.
I'm off to the dealership today wonder if they have any yet, they alway have a different RS/S4 every time i go there.
0.8 of a second is quicker to 60 wonder how they fair at ingear accleration.
But the V6 what a sound.
I'd just like to add to this, I saw the new S3 the other day on the road in London, light blue, weird colour but it looked incredible!! I have an S-Line A3, with the body kit etc etc, but the S3 is a GREAT step up looks wise...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts