Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a Q7 on order snce the beginning of Sept and ordered it with the 21" alloys. It was due this week but the dealer has just called to say due to the size of these wheels the are illegal in the UK as they protrude past the bodywork, they have been good about it and sorted out a courtesy car in the mean time whilst Audi sorts it out. Anyone else heard the same:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
well first off all if the wheel stick out further than the arches, yes it illegal and a MOT failure...

However are these audi alloys??

Im surprised that they stick out as they must be really wide?? how wide>?? i would of thought the 21 would fit as Audi offer 20inch alloys?? who wide are yours compared to the 20 ones? (online it says the 20inch was are 9inch wide 228cm, but i thought they would be wider than that)

Rickt

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure rick they where the optional 10J x 21 '7-double spoke design ' alloys 295/35 R21 optional for the Sline so not sure whythey are saying this anyway should find out more tomorrow when i pick up the courtesy car. Just cant wait to get the Q but dont want the standard s line wheels

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Final update!!!!! Audi confirmed today that the 21" alloys require wider flared arches which have been designed. They have told me my delivery will be late november early december. Oh well at least it should look good and is before xmas!!!

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
timq7 said:
Final update!!!!! Audi confirmed today that the 21" alloys require wider flared arches which have been designed. They have told me my delivery will be late november early december. Oh well at least it should look good and is before xmas!!!
Thanks for clearing up that issue timq7, i had a feeling flared arches were required to have the 21 " on :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts