Audi Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Audi A8L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2018 Audi A8L and was able to operate the rear sunshade while the car was moving. I could raise or lower it at any speed at anytime. It worked great and I really liked it. I just bought a 2021 Audi A8L and find that I can not operate it while in motion. Once I hit 15 mph the button grays out the MMI task bar and can’t use it until I slow to under 15. The dealership service technician said it’s supposed to be like that way for safety. If that’s true I think its ridiculous. Having to stop the car to use a sunscreen is more dangerous than just using it while driving. My thought is that it’s a MMI program error that needs to be corrected. Does anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
2021 Audi S8, Moonlight Blue, Black Optic Package, B&O Adv. 3D
7 Posts
I had a 2018 Audi A8L and was able to operate the rear sunshade while the car was moving. I could raise or lower it at any speed at anytime. It worked great and I really liked it. I just bought a 2021 Audi A8L and find that I can not operate it while in motion. Once I hit 15 mph the button grays out the MMI task bar and can’t use it until I slow to under 15. The dealership service technician said it’s supposed to be like that way for safety. If that’s true I think its ridiculous. Having to stop the car to use a sunscreen is more dangerous than just using it while driving. My thought is that it’s a MMI program error that needs to be corrected. Does anyone else have this issue?
I understand what your saying. I just got a 2021 S8 and it has the same issue. Why would this suddenly be a safety issue when Audi for years have been able to adjust the rear sunshade at any speed? Makes no sense to me! Maybe Audi-Mothership will respond and help reverse this silly annoyance.

·
Registered
2021 Audi A8L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response, I think it is a program hiccup that needs a fix. I raised it to Audi North America so hopefully they can get someone’s attention in Germany.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
Have you been able to fix this issue yet?
Thanks
Hank

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got some response telling me that this was normal. I explained that this is a safety issue since I couldn’t lower it during a thunderstorm while driving in traffic, nor could I raise it while driving if someone is behind me with bright lights. Was told that it would be reviewed.
who knows?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts