Audi Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Audi A8L
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2018 Audi A8L and was able to operate the rear sunshade while the car was moving. I could raise or lower it at any speed at anytime. It worked great and I really liked it. I just bought a 2021 Audi A8L and find that I can not operate it while in motion. Once I hit 15 mph the button grays out the MMI task bar and can’t use it until I slow to under 15. The dealership service technician said it’s supposed to be like that way for safety. If that’s true I think its ridiculous. Having to stop the car to use a sunscreen is more dangerous than just using it while driving. My thought is that it’s a MMI program error that needs to be corrected. Does anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
2021 Audi S8, Moonlight Blue, Black Optic Package, B&O Adv. 3D
11 Posts
I had a 2018 Audi A8L and was able to operate the rear sunshade while the car was moving. I could raise or lower it at any speed at anytime. It worked great and I really liked it. I just bought a 2021 Audi A8L and find that I can not operate it while in motion. Once I hit 15 mph the button grays out the MMI task bar and can’t use it until I slow to under 15. The dealership service technician said it’s supposed to be like that way for safety. If that’s true I think its ridiculous. Having to stop the car to use a sunscreen is more dangerous than just using it while driving. My thought is that it’s a MMI program error that needs to be corrected. Does anyone else have this issue?
I understand what your saying. I just got a 2021 S8 and it has the same issue. Why would this suddenly be a safety issue when Audi for years have been able to adjust the rear sunshade at any speed? Makes no sense to me! Maybe Audi-Mothership will respond and help reverse this silly annoyance.

·
Registered
2021 Audi A8L
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response, I think it is a program hiccup that needs a fix. I raised it to Audi North America so hopefully they can get someone’s attention in Germany.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got some response telling me that this was normal. I explained that this is a safety issue since I couldn’t lower it during a thunderstorm while driving in traffic, nor could I raise it while driving if someone is behind me with bright lights. Was told that it would be reviewed.
who knows?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have complained to Audi Canada about the rear sunshade in my 2021 A8L. Sometimes, the icon lights up while I’m driving and the sunshade is operational. But the icon usually goes out in a few seconds and is unavailable. The car is operating as designed, is the only response I can get, and the local dealer can’t get any information from Audi Germany. It has to be a bug, because its inconsistent. The operation of the rear sunshade is no more a safety issue than the operation of the roof shades.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm still getting stonewalled by Audi on this, they are hiding behind it being a safety issue. To this, I have declared BS for all of the obvious reasons. In the meantime, I have found a workaround by going to the 'vehicle' screen in the MMI and the icon comes back on. Go figure.

·
Registered
2021 Audi A8L
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm still getting stonewalled by Audi on this, they are hiding behind it being a safety issue. To this, I have declared BS for all of the obvious reasons. In the meantime, I have found a workaround by going to the 'vehicle' screen in the MMI and the icon comes back on. Go figure.
That’s good information, I’ll have to try that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts