Audi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done an oil and filter change on a 2020 Q7 3.0? I've never been stumped by an oil filter housing before, but removing the filter housing and oil filter by the front of the engine was one of the most frustrating services I've ever done. I am sure there must be an easier way to change the oil filter that can be done quicker than the 2 hours it took me just for the filter.
Any and all insights will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

· Super Moderator
Audi Audi Audi Porsche porsche porsche ford Chevy Mazda studebaker Toyota
121 Posts
Has anyone done an oil and filter change on a 2020 Q7 3.0? I've never been stumped by an oil filter housing before, but removing the filter housing and oil filter by the front of the engine was one of the most frustrating services I've ever done. I am sure there must be an easier way to change the oil filter that can be done quicker than the 2 hours it took me just for the filter.
Any and all insights will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
32 mm socket helps, I like the filter up top

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BtheB - thanks for the input. I have a 32mm socket and unscrewing the housing was not a problem. Once unscrewed, there was no clearance to easily remove the housing and/or filter. I have had several cars with these type housings, and they made filter changes quick and easy. The Q7 filter took me two hours. There must be something that can be removed to gain easy access to the filter housing.

If someone had access to the Audi service manual, I am pretty sure there is a simple way to do this service. Thanks upfront to any and all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts