Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the vehicle a while ago and at the time it ran and started well. After I bought it I drove it home. On my second day of ownership I cleaned and detailed the car. Later on the third day I went to get in the car and noticed that the transponder didn’t work to unlock the doors, I assumed the battery in the transponder simply ran out so I unlocked it with the key. The windows rolled down on their own and I thought it was weird but tried to start the car. I first tried with the push to start but it didn’t work, I then tried to start it with the key but that didn’t work either. The car wouldn’t even crank and I didn’t hear the fuel pump come on. When I got the car I scanned it with a little bluetooth obd II scanner and the only code it found was Kessy 166. I originally thought that the issue was the Start Access Authorization Module, but after speaking with someone from SpeedoSolutions I was led to believe it was the ignition switch. I purchased a new ignition switch from FCP Euro and installed it but still haven’t had any success in starting the car. Any ideas on what it could be?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I purchased the vehicle a while ago and at the time it ran and started well. After I bought it I drove it home. On my second day of ownership I cleaned and detailed the car. Later on the third day I went to get in the car and noticed that the transponder didn’t work to unlock the doors, I assumed the battery in the transponder simply ran out so I unlocked it with the key. The windows rolled down on their own and I thought it was weird but tried to start the car. I first tried with the push to start but it didn’t work, I then tried to start it with the key but that didn’t work either. The car wouldn’t even crank and I didn’t hear the fuel pump come on. When I got the car I scanned it with a little bluetooth obd II scanner and the only code it found was Kessy 166. I originally thought that the issue was the Start Access Authorization Module, but after speaking with someone from SpeedoSolutions I was led to believe it was the ignition switch. I purchased a new ignition switch from FCP Euro and installed it but still haven’t had any success in starting the car. Any ideas on what it could be?
Hey, just a quick observation from your post. Have you checked the battery? Put a battery tester or Multi meter over it?
Car behaviour can be all sorts of weird with a bad battery state.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It cranks first then starts. As suggested check the battery cons. Later check the starter solenoid and starter key contacts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, just a quick observation from your post. Have you checked the battery? Put a battery tester or Multi meter over it?
Car behaviour can be all sorts of weird with a bad battery state.
I appreciate the response but I have already tested the battery and it seemed to be god.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Power to the starter motor.
Check if there is 12V at the starter motor solenoid contact/switch. Check the earth strap is good. Check earth strap connections.
Power to the starer motor solenoid.
Check there is 12V at the starter motor solenoid terminal with the key in the starter key in the start (2nd) position.. Check the earth terminal/wire is good. Check earth body connection.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Power to the starter motor.
Check if there is 12V at the starter motor solenoid contact/switch. Check the earth strap is good. Check earth strap connections.
Power to the starer motor solenoid.
Check there is 12V at the starter motor solenoid terminal with the key in the starter key in the start (2nd) position.. Check the earth terminal/wire is good. Check earth body connection.
Thanks i’ll be sure to try out your suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts