Audi Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all my B6 makes a horrible squealing noise after driving around for around 30-40 mins. the noise goes away when the lifting the revs. I thought it must be the drive belt and I replaced it. the noise has come back and oddly it sounds like it's coming from the back of the engine. any ideas? the car has done 130,000kms and not sure if the timing belt has been replaced.

· Registered
1 Posts
hi all my B6 makes a horrible squealing noise after driving around for around 30-40 mins. the noise goes away when the lifting the revs. I thought it must be the drive belt and I replaced it. the noise has come back and oddly it sounds like it's coming from the back of the engine. any ideas? the car has done 130,000kms and not sure if the timing belt has been replaced.
Honestly, I would have that checked. Prior to buying my b6 I owned a Passat, the belt was supposed to be replaced every 80k miles, I assumed that had been done since there was 120k+ miles on the odometer. Unfortunately approximately 250 miles later the belt broke while driving and bent the pistons.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.