Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello I am joining because I have many new fun things to do with my 2008 Audi A3 2.0T S-Line. I love my car and have done a couple mods like a cold air intake and exhaust.
PROBLEM, ever since I got the car the AC doesn’t blow cold. The previous owner told me that the Audi dealership said it was the AC motor fan and would be a $2,500 repair. My family’s mechanic said it could be the AC compressor. But I am new to Audi so I can’t differentiate the possibility’s. What I do know is that the fan blows and blows full power, and the AC is not cold. I have tried Freon but that did not do anything. I LIVE IN TEXAS AND ITS SUMMER HELP ME PLEASE!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I checked the air filter and it was black, replaced it and it still does not blow cold. I scanned the OBD2 port with no codes. I’m struggling here.
If it's really the compressor, it's gonna be expensive to buy a replacement. My old car had the same problem, and just had the compressor fixed but the problem just persisted after a few days so I had no choice but to replace it with a new one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it's really the compressor, it's gonna be expensive to buy a replacement. My old car had the same problem, and just had the compressor fixed but the problem just persisted after a few days so I had no choice but to replace it with a new one.
I did some long driving today and it blew cold when driving, but it did not when I was not driving. How do I troubleshoot if it is the compressor?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did some long driving today and it blew cold when driving, but it did not when I was not driving. How do I troubleshoot if it is the compressor?
Now that you've mentioned that, one possibility that your car A/C's only blowing cold when driving is a defective condenser fan. When the car runs at a high speed, the condenser doesn't require the fan for cooling the Freon because of enough air passing through it but when it's idle the fan should be making the freon cold.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now that you've mentioned that, one possibility that your car A/C's only blowing cold when driving is a defective condenser fan. When the car runs at a high speed, the condenser doesn't require the fan for cooling the Freon because of enough air passing through it but when it's idle the fan should be making the freon cold.
I’ll make sure to troubleshoot this, thank you this seems like a very likely scenario!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts