Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2007 Audi A4 non-bose/Navi system. I was wondering if it uses a DSP or an extranal amp. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this? Im trying to hook up a 3sixty.2 and need some more info on the car. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Exact Same Situation

I'm in the exact same situation.
I want to install a Fi Bl 12", and Nine.1 Amplifier.
I have a 07 audi a4 non-bose w/ navi.
I also will be using a 3sixty.2
I'm scared to mess anything up, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
If you know a place/guy in the OC area that could help, let me know as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have completed my install and there is an amp for the rear speakers and sub. You have to use the low level output from the HU and wire it to the 3sixty.2, then you need to GND the Bose pin to get a flat response. Now heres what I noticed, when the Bose pin is GNDED the response is flat enough that you dont need the 3sixty.2 to flatten it BUT if you want to change the band of eq for different types of music then the 3sixty.2 is worth putting in. I feel the 3sixty.2 is a bit noisy...you'll find out..I got a 13w7 and mbquart premium components in the doors. Let me know how your install goes! PM me anytime

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks a lott!
Answer
that should definatley help with your noise problems!
Let me know if that works.
I have a lot of stuff i need to get first but i should be buying the 3sixty.2 by the end of this month - early december, installation will follow shortly thereafter =P.
Is the 3sixty.2 really necessary or should i just go for the 3sixty.1?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would go with the 3sity.2 if you were going to get a DSP otherwise dont even get one. And about the noise, its not alternator whine nor is it coming from the car. I hooked the 3sixty.2 up to my oscilloscope and I was getting white noise. Turned the gain down and got less of it but its still there. Its never going to go away, im assuming the op amps they used are noisy...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Audi A4 S4 Non-Bose Amplifier Wiring

The vehicle I did this on is a 2006 Audi S4 Symphony II non-Bose for reference.

First I replaced the head unit with a Kenwood DVD 5120. The wiring harness adapter kit I got had the RCA's for the rear channels. However, once I installed the head unit, the rear speakers were really weak. (line level output difference I'm assuming)

so .... I decided to take a look at the amplifier. It was so small LOL

The stock amplifier is located in the trunk, passenger side behind the side trunk panel. Remove the panel and you will see the stock amplifier. It is about 5"x5" located directly above the wheel well.

I simply unplugged the harness and removed the amplifier and bracket (I did this so it would be easier to work on the harness.) I then spliced into the harness and created another wiring harness that ran off the original - without cutting off the plug. This way I can still return everything to stock.

As far as the amplifier wiring goes:

(sorry no wiring diagram - you shouldn't need one - I always use a meter)

There are 3 or 4 gauges of wire in the harness.

The two heaviest gauge wires were battery + (red w/ blue stripe) and ground (brown).

The turn on switch for the amp is the white wire.

The 3 speaker hook ups were grouped in pairs, and each pair was twisted together at the factory by Audi (smart move Audi). They will be very easy to spot. The wires with the brown in them are the negative (-) speaker terminal leads.

The line level leads were the lightest gauge, at one end of the plug. The colors were green, yellow and brown I believe. The two thin brown wire leads are the negative. I simply hacked up a set of RCAs and spliced them in.

Piece of cake, but took some time and was hard on the back.

Once my add-on wiring harness was made I was able to determine which speakers were what, and hooked the harness up to a Sony 35w/channel 2/3/4 channel amp with built in crossovers.

On one side of the RCAs I ran a splitter to feed the signal to 2 different channels. The other side RCA I just plugged in appropriately.

The rear door speakers I hooked to the A and B channels with the crossover off, then I bridged the C and D channels and ran that out to the stock woofer with the amp's internal crossover activated for my preferred frequency.

Presto - The sound system blows away the original, and I'm still only using the factory speakers. I can tell you though - I'm not sure how long that woofer in the back deck is going to last. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts