Audi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
12/22/06: I pick up my new 2007 S6 tomorrow morning. :D Anybody out there got one already who can give me their thoughts?

12/27/06: Update: WOW! I've only got 300 miles on it, but I'm never going back. It corners like it's on rails with very little body lean, and the V10 give you torque to spare. The sports seats are excellent. I ordered it with the optional 18" wheels and like their looks much better than the 19". I put all seasons on right away here in the Northwest, but I can't imagine I gave up a lot going to the 18s based on what I seen and felt so far. We're off for a 2000 mile road trip next week, so I'll update the post more fully then.

4/26/07: Update: I've posted pics in my garage, so take a look.

Car options include technology package, warm weather package, rear side air bags and heated rear seats. So far, all are working well. Audi is still in the stone age with an iPod adapter for the MMI, at least for mine. I keep getting promised "next month".

The car is stiff on rough roads, bordering on uncomfortable with the Recaros. I have Avon all season V rated tires on it, and they are as good as any I've tried - not noisy and no tramlining. I dropped the tire pressures from the recommended 44/46 to about 32/34 and things are much better. I would definitely not want to have the standard 19" wheels.

I like the car because it is really tight and steering is very responsive. It is a bit too tight for my wife. We do fine on normal roads and Interstates, but when I go looking for the back roads and the Oregon coast, not so good for her.

The throttle is really touchy (same criticism as the S8); it's impossible to get away from a stop sign smoothly in Sport mode, but the . . . .

Bottom line, it is like driving my porsche but with four seats, a real trunk and all four wheels driving. I am not a bit sorry about this purchase.

I'm scheduled to take it to the Porsche club driver skills day in late May (skid pad, braking, slalom and short course) and will give you a "drive it hard" update then.

S6Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
New S6

How's the new car?....are you still happy with your purchase?....would like to see some pics....thks:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2008 S6 and like you went with the 18" wheels instead of the 19" jut because the Audi 19" looked awful compared to thir 18s.
I drive this through the winter months and love it!
My summer car is a BMW M3 Convertible. If they made the S6 in a convertible, I would dump the M3... but alas, they don't... so my wife drives the S6 in the summer... when she isn't loading something in the Mercedes GL 450 SUV... This summer, I may look into "Beefing" the V-10 into something closer to RS6 Specs... We'll see...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 2008 S6 and like you went with the 18" wheels instead of the 19" jut because the Audi 19" looked awful compared to thir 18s.
I drive this through the winter months and love it!
My summer car is a BMW M3 Convertible. If they made the S6 in a convertible, I would dump the M3... but alas, they don't... so my wife drives the S6 in the summer... when she isn't loading something in the Mercedes GL 450 SUV... This summer, I may look into "Beefing" the V-10 into something closer to RS6 Specs... We'll see...
I don't feel the least bit sorry for you. I'll let you test-ride my '80s pink Schwinn if you let me take your G-Wagon out for a spin. :D Haha!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't be confused... The Mercedes is not the "G wagon" . It's the GL 450 which is much less of a performance beast. The GL is about the size of a Toyota Sequoia... But it's a nice ride...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oh, I thought that was their newer version of that famous older model. Sorry to hear it doesn't have the same kick.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
BlackS6 - I now am driving a 2008 S6 also (4,500 miles). Audi and I made a swap because of an engine mechanical issue on the 2007. Car is essentially identical to my 2006 except no warm weather package but does have lane assist.

A few small differences that you won't see on any build sheet include slightly more support seats, slightly larger door pockets and MUCH better cruise control speed locking.

I had 30,000 miles on the 2006 and loved every minute. We travel from almost the Canadian border to Tucson each winter, and I never have to worry about snow on the passes (and we had plenty this year).

Glad you enjoy yours, S6Guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts