Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Audi Q7 ran fine when we first bought it(used March 2020). I drove it for about 3 weeks and then it wouldn’t start. Battery was completely dead. It sat for a year bc the batter was stuck under the seat. We got a new battery in it and it still wouldn’t start without being jumped off. Got it back Thursday afternoon from the shop and they changed the battery control module. It ran fine. The next day we went to eat dinner. It sat for around 10 minutes and the car wouldn’t start when we got back in it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Audi Q7 ran fine when we first bought it(used March 2020). I drove it for about 3 weeks and then it wouldn’t start. Battery was completely dead. It sat for a year bc the batter was stuck under the seat. We got a new battery in it and it still wouldn’t start without being jumped off. Got it back Thursday afternoon from the shop and they changed the battery control module. It ran fine. The next day we went to eat dinner. It sat for around 10 minutes and the car wouldn’t start when we got back in it.
I would start with basics:
1) Was the new battery coded to the car? Need Audi scan tool
2) what is the age of the battery? Old battery may not have significant capacity
3) do you have an unidentifiable draw? MMI Bose system could be the culprit, and is a known issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay so,
1. The battery wasn’t coded. The shop changed my battery control module(which they said would solve the issue) and they said it didn’t neeed to be programmed either.
2. It has a brand new battery on it right now. The battery we took off of it looked fairly new as well.
3. My uncle thought it might have been drawn from the TVs in the car but he removed it and the car still wouldn’t run.
If it is the Bose system how would I go about that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently completely repaired my 2010 Q7 TDI that suffered from similar parasitic draw symptoms. The car ran great the 1st month that I had it. I was cleaning the car and had the doors open for an extended time.... Dead battery. I had just bought the Q7 as the 2nd owner from the Dieselgate buy back and thought that the battery should probably be changed before winter came anyways. New battery installed and programmed. A couple of days later... Dead battery in our heated garage. Looong story short I figured out it was indeed draw from the Bose amplifier. To be sure it was the amplifier I tested the fuses with a multimeter and then exposed the amplifier to find it hot to the touch. But, in order to make a complete fix one would have to find out why the Bose amplifier was maintaining a draw. It comes from the poorly engineered panoramic sunroof weep pole connections. As a very small amount of water clings to the outside of the drain hose then drips directly on the amplifier. I preceded by removing the entire headliner and repairing each of the weep holes. On to the amplifier, instead of spending the $400-$1000 for a new or used amplifier--- I opted to go on eBay and buy a new circuit board for the amplifier ($200). Once I replaced the circuit board and installed the amplifier the vehicle had to be taken back to an Audi dealer to be reprogrammed. After that all is working well! I will attach YouTube videos that I found helpful and a picture of how I repaired the weep hole connections.
20210101_140504.jpg

Video on how to repair weep hole connectors.

Video on how to remove headliner.

Video on how to remove the Bose amplifier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts