Audi Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a few questions for the B7 S4 owners here.
How is the instrumentation? Does it do anything cool when you turn on the ignition?
What is the color theme and does it look great at night?
Critique the interior color theme. What are the seats comparable too? Are they firm or soft.

Is the nav worth getting, and the upgraded audi.

I like the look of Sprint Blue stock, I don't like how the front looks with DTM.
I love the Sprint Blue RS4. But I can't drive manual, I live in New York and I'm commuting through traffic and stop lights.

I feel in love with the Sprint Blue look.

How is the S4 off the line? I like burning people when the light turns green. I saw a clip of this thing accelerating and it looked great and sounded awesome. I want a speedy car. Is this car fast? Does it push you back in your seat?

Or does it slowly pick up acceleration? Because I love low end torque and I'm looking for something that will push me back in my seat from a stop.

I know the RS4 could do that given its 4.2 sec 0-60. But how about the S4?

I've never owned an Audi before. I've had lexus, toyota, infiniti, honda. This would be the first german car If I decide to get it.

Right now I'm choosing between these.

550i M aero kit white automatic
S4 Sprint Blue automatic tiptronic
M45 automatic

I don't want manual because I've grown up with automatics. I've just lazy and dumb. All I want is to point the damn thing and stomp the gas and smile.

Any input on s4, ex: critique of interior, lighting at night, start up sounds, acceleration, comfort, leg room; would be great. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
71 Posts
All that will happen with an all wheel drive vehicle is that the inevitable crash will be at a much higher speed and may be seriously disabling or even fatal.

Suggest that you take some advanced driving lessons first, on a real car with gears so that you gain an understanding of the dynamics of a motor vehicle, we wouldn't want to lose a forum member.

with best regards to all you teenage speed freaks out there

john from Staffs

·
Registered
71 Posts
That's not what your last post said pre-edit.

Are you on some kind of substance?

Suggest you go back to your Nipponese boy racers, and leave the big boys alone.

Infiniti??!! Sounds like some kind of cat food.

You may also notice that we don't have to resort to asterisk laden posts, being in possession of a wider choice of vocabulary.

With best regards to those who will now be smiling all over the forum,
john from Staffs

·
Registered
175 Posts
Isn't nice to have a new US member on the forum with what seems to be a very good sense of humour.
If yo don't get a joke, don't get angry, GET AN EDUCATION YOU, YOU P***K

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dude, all joking and insults aside:

I've had many Audis and personally think that they're the best car. I'm therefore biased against other makes, especially Jap cars, but will give you the points as I see them:

1. Audi's have always been fast cars - from a 1.8TQ to the RS4 (prob R8);
2. However, Audi's don't tend to be visually loud and fast - like an M3 or a Toyota Supra - they are an understated make of cars, comfortabily fast;
3. For me, the interior has always been nice, but probably not the sort of 'cool things' nice - just well made;
4. YES, it will probably burn off the mark at the lights and beat most cars that you'd like to be racing;
5. It's a V8 - you'll probably find a huge difference in the feel (not to mention fuel consumption) compared with the 4 cyn Jap cars you've had;
6. If you've decided that you'd like to 'move on' (and up) towards German cars, do take the S4 for a drive, but also the M3/5 and some Merc AMGs;
7. However, if you're after 'cool lights' and 'pushed back on your seat' type of drive, pay 50% of the price and get a WRX - if they come in auto!
8. Finally, from what I can see so far, and without an benefit of knowing more, I am guessing that you're after a FAST and LOUD car to rush around from red-light-to-red-light: if you want that and want that in a German car - go for a BMW M3, M5, M6. Audi's are very fast, but doesn't quite feel as fast as you are actually going - that's what's special about Audi's for me. Luxury and understated quality; speed without having to shout to the world.

Hope this helps. Always happy to help someone interested in Audi's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts