Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know how to get a bluetooth mobile to work with the so called phone in the armrest? If the parts are available I could do this myself unless someone is round the Middlesbrough/Newcastle area that can do it. I have taken the car to 2 dealer and they say it is not possible. What are the steps involved if it is possible.
Cheers
Roland

·
Registered
17 Posts
Didn't quite understand you.

At lest over here, every A6 with phone pre-instalation and 'navegation' wheel buttons, are Bluetooth capable. In this case, no other hardware is necessary.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This should not be a problem. Have you searched for your car(engine running) with your phone (you need to turn the bluetooth on and search). When it has found it it will recognize your phone each time you enter your car it will give an audio indication.
I presume you have the multifunction steering wheel...............press the left rectangular button and watch the display in your console. No multifunction steering wheel.....this is probably the problem

·
Registered
567 Posts
ascotaudi said:
This should not be a problem. Have you searched for your car(engine running) with your phone (you need to turn the bluetooth on and search). When it has found it it will recognize your phone each time you enter your car it will give an audio indication.
I presume you have the multifunction steering wheel...............press the left rectangular button and watch the display in your console. No multifunction steering wheel.....this is probably the problem
The clue was phone in the armrest, not a bluetooth prep. If you have the dreaded phone in the armrest (motorola handset), then your only option is to replace it with a bluetooth option.

Check my website out for details..

index

Craig

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had some confusion collecting my A6 - the sales guy kept talking about bluetooth etc - but it turned out iactually had the armrest prep which needed a cradle for my own mobi to plug into.
This was £100 but the system works a treat, no sync or anything, just plug it in and it charges too.

·
Registered
567 Posts
ljs2500 said:
I had some confusion collecting my A6 - the sales guy kept talking about bluetooth etc - but it turned out iactually had the armrest prep which needed a cradle for my own mobi to plug into.
This was £100 but the system works a treat, no sync or anything, just plug it in and it charges too.
That is the bluetooth prep, you don't have to use the cradle with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts