Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone test driven both the 2006 A4 Avant 3.2 and the 2006 BMW 325xi Wagon? I'm in the market for a new wagon and wanted opinions on handling/performance, practicality, reliability, etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drove both. They're both great cars. For me:

The features on both are almost (if not virtually identically) the same...but you're more fair to compare the 3.2 with the 3.3, not the 2.5.

Audi has a much better AWD story (Very hard to beat Quattro..BMW and Volvo still try, but only Subaru compares). I drive in rain, snow and ice...really bad conditions. The Audi is more fun to drive...the BMW feels "heavier". For me the, Audi interior ergonomics are world-class...BMW is not as good, but that's my feeling. I really like Audi interiors.

They have comparable room and storage, so practicality is most likely equal. The A4 has a wee bit more room for cargo, while the BMW gives a bit more to passengers. Perhaps the BMW will have higher resale...but that's a BMW vs Audi thing that's been around for ages. Reliable? Hard to say. Depends how picky you are. Each car has a lot of gadgets that can go wrong. I know people who will never touch another BMW...and also people that won't touch another Audi. To be honest, as soon as Lexus makes an IS250 or IS350 Wagon, BMW and Audi will lose a lot of sales! But, that's not an option today.

I very much like my 3.2. I got the 3.2 over the 2.0T as I have a deep distrust of turbos. I also got a 6sp manual...less to go wrong, again. I also hate sunroofs (no idea why people like em, but that's ok!) My Avant has a lot of space...esp. with the seats folded down.

Take them both for a ride...buy the one that feels the best to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts