Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a new 2005 Audi A6 3.0.
Would be interested in any feedback from owners.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a a 2003 6 2.7T and love it. Sporty with punch. My spouse drives a 2003 A4 3.0 and it also has some punch. I'd recommend either of these or a 4.2. You can't really go wrong with an Audi.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Recently ordered my A6 4.2 after test driving both. To me, there was no comparison. 12 week delivery from Germany! I have an '00 2.7T and have been very happy with it but have always regretted not getting the 4.2. Since I plan on having it for a while, I don't want to be sorry I didn't, again. If you can afford the extra 10k, you wont be sorry either. However, if you have the patience and can wait 6-12 months, I think the dealers will be more eager to bargain. Right now, there seem to be no deals to be had on the 4.2's.

This is the longest 12 weeks of my life.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, i presume he is talking about the 225hp and 450NM diesel, as the new A6 do not come with the old 3.0 Petrol engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think 255 hp is plenty. I was doing 70 mph on the highway and pushed the accelerator only half way down and was doing 100 mph in just a couple of seconds. Plenty of power and response without paying extra for the 8 cyclinder. The new A6 is great. Get the Advance Key, it's awesome. You just walk up and as you touch the door handle it unlocks and sets the seat to your setting. Then just jump in and hit a button and the engine fires up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts