Audi Forums banner

2005 A6 Mmi Track Names

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  TimAnderson 
#1 ·
In the manual it states clearly that tracks cannot be named (although Cds can be), alongside pictures of track names listed for a CD. I thought - oh well- just one of those things. Until I put in an Anastasia CD - I get a list of track names (and CD name).

Does anyone know if CDs are somehow labelling tracks that can be read by the changer/MMI?

#2 ·
I have asked the same question. I recently put The Crystal Method, Community Service 2 CD in, and I had a table of contents displayed in the MMI. Now I am trying to figure out how that happened.

I have asked my local dealership to talk with engineering and get back to me on this. It has been a disappointment that I can't label the tracks when burning or mannually enter that information.

I will let you know if I find anything out.

BJD

#3 ·
Hi,

I have managed to find the answer - CD-Text. Some CDs have it as standard for others duplicate them onto your computer (I use a Mac) using something like Toast - and use the CD-Text option. Toast picks up CD name and track names from the internet.

Makes the CD changer a whole lot more Friendly!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.