Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all;

New to this forum... Long time reader - first time writer...

We were just about ready to order (build) a new A4 1.8T Quattro when we were told Audi isn't taking anymore orders for the 1.8T in the US. They're getting ready to introduce the 2005-and-a-half A4 2.0T - well this got us really excited as it is redesigned with a totally awsome front end change and 30 more ponies under the hood.

2005.5 Audi A4 1.8T

Problem is the two dealers we spoke with do not yet have price/options guides for the new model. All I get from the dealers is " we're not sure... soon..."
They're both willing to use the price-guide and options list from 2005 and order me a car now (delivery in late Feb/March) with the provision that what the invoice says when the car gets here (plus a negotiated "over invoice profit") is what I'll pay. Heck - couldn't I just sign a blank check and give it to them now?!?! - DOH!

Does anyone have the inside scoop as to when this information will be available in the US?!?!?

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Bob2k5.5@Oct 11 2004, 10:14 AM
Hi all;

New to this forum... Long time reader - first time writer...

We were just about ready to order (build) a new A4 1.8T Quattro when we were told Audi isn't taking anymore orders for the 1.8T in the US. They're getting ready to introduce the 2005-and-a-half A4 2.0T - well this got us really excited as it is redesigned with a totally awsome front end change and 30 more ponies under the hood.

2005.5 Audi A4 1.8T

Problem is the two dealers we spoke with do not yet have price/options guides for the new model. All I get from the dealers is " we're not sure... soon..."
They're both willing to use the price-guide and options list from 2005 and order me a car now (delivery in late Feb/March) with the provision that what the invoice says when the car gets here (plus a negotiated "over invoice profit") is what I'll pay. Heck - couldn't I just sign a blank check and give it to them now?!?! - DOH!

Does anyone have the inside scoop as to when this information will be available in the US?!?!?

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
My experience is almost the same as yours.

I had a 2005 A4 on order only to learn in early September the factory was not filling any new orders since the B7 will be coming in Spring 05.

My dealer had same story that they knew zip about pricing/options/delivery dates for the B7.

Result was obtained a 2005 A4 from stock today that came with the options I wanted except in a different color at less money than what originally ordered.

Good luck with your situation as I did not want to wait and have one of the first B7's as I can see new model intro problems like I had w/ my 2002 B6.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts