Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone describe how to access the air filter on the 4.2L V-8 in the S4? Afraid I'm gonna break a fitting or something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
[attachmentid=501]I have a 04 S4 and have replaced the stock airbox with a hyperflow from stratmosphere...why do you care? Because, the instructions in this PDF show you how to remove the stock airbox which in the process shows you how to get to the air filter. If you read through the instructions, you will see ending with step 13 (you can see the air filter in the pic) how to access the air filter in very easy straight forward step by step instructions.

http://www.stratmosphere.com/hyperflow_s4_...nstallation.pdf

I know the instructions were designed for showing how to replace the entire part (airbox & fitting with new air intake), but you'll get the picture, just use what is necessary.

Good Luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the assistance, just what I needed. Did the air filter change over make a significant difference (increase) in apparent power?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It gives a claimed 10-15 hp increase and i swear i can feel the difference. The wife on the other hand claims...."its fast already...i can't tell".

Part of it for me was the fun of tinkering with the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm interested in installing the HyperFlow induction kit on my 2004 S4. I wanted to ask how it sounded with the kit installed and your overall view?

Thanks Scott

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
no... to 'void' a warranty, audi must prove that a problem has been caused by your change.. for example, audi is not alowed to 'notice' that you changed your filter out and then tell you that you have no more warranty. if you have some warranty issue, they would have to prove that that problem was caused by the new filter.

now... if they were able to prove that the filter caused the problem, your entire warranty would not be done. you would still have warranty on the rest of the car that is not affected by the filter.

the chances of a filter harming anything in the car is slim to none.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts