Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used 2003 A6 Quattro and had a problem with the ignition freewheeling. It would start fine up until that time, and it finally started after numerous tries at removing the key, etc. This may be some type of security measure, etc. as I am still learning about the car. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On one occassion only thus far, the key was in the ignition and it would turn repeatedly 360 degrees as if something had broken. The car did nothing, wouldn't turnover, etc. It hasn't done it since. I did one thing out of the ordinary before this happened. I turned the key counter-clockwise (the opposite direction from cranking the car) to see if I could put in the "accessory" position so that the radio would run for my daughters. So, when I got back in the car after pumping gas, I was actually trying to crank the car from that position and that is when the key turned repeatedly 360 degrees with no result. It did this even after I removed the key and reinserted it. Finally, it cranked and has worked fine since.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hmmm...I've heard of some car makers making anti theft devices that do what you describe when to much pressure is applied while pushing in on the lock. I don't know if this is a feature on your car or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts