Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've recently bought a 2003 (new design) A3 SE and to my amazement it doesn't appear to have heated wing mirrors!!

This amazes me as the last three car's before this have had heated wing mirrors (Punto, Corsa & 306)... apparently I upgrade to an A3 and it don't have heated wingmirrors :-(

I've tried to take the drivers side wing mirror glass of to check if its a problem with the wiring (or to see if there is wiring) and I've managed to crack the wing mirror glass in the process.. so now im upset!

I've trawled the internet but not found any conclusive yes/no on if this should have them or if they are fittable simply by changing the wing mirror glass... can anyone advise me

a) Is it possible to install heated wing mirror glass
B) where can I buy wing mirror glass from other than Audi directly..
c) how to I take off and remove wing mirror glass without breaking it

[unhappy]

Ta, Andy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I called Audi this morning on 0800 699 888 / Customer Service, and my car's an 04 model year SE, but heated mirrors were an option then not standard !!!!!!

Also "Warm Start" for diesel engines were'nt on then either, they use "heat reclimation" whatever that is ???

I don't understand that because Parkers would imply that it is standard electric/heated wing mirrors.... this is most annoying... I was scraping ice of the wing mirrors again this morning *tut*
:-(

Any further help anyone?

Andy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

I am suprised, i have a 53 its a feb o4, 2.0tdi se and it has heated mirrors......they come on with the rear demist button i think, i am sure you should have them as the SE has other little things like auto lights.
Hope to of been useful
jem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts