Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 TT Coupe. When the passenger enters the vehicle and sits down on the seat, a squeaking sound comes from the rear of the vehicle. Has anyone encountered a similar problem and if so, have any ideas as to the cause? My thoughts are bad shocks or a bigger suspension challenge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I can see the back end go down when the person climbs into the passenger seat. I hold the door open for the ladies :)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
how is your ride quality and stuff, it is supper bumpy and crappy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ride seems fine. I'm really trying to listen if there is any squeak when I go over a speed bump but so far I can't tell. I have not heard any squeaks when I sit down in the driver seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello TT2002,

i was at the audi dealer today, talking to the sevice manager about TT's.. he was telling me about a few of the costly problems of the TT. like dont get your back window smashed on the roadster, cos this means a new hood :( also mentioned that if you hear a creeking coming from the front of a roadster. it means your front anti roll bar is knackered and very costly £400, not covered usually by the warranty, and he also said that the back ones rarely go on the roaster, but happens mainly on the coupes :(

so i'm just putting 2 & 2 together and guessing this could be your problem?? worth a look at least.. hopefully i'll be wrong :)

chip

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Not saying it is this but this is what i have just found.

Just brought a TT Roadster and the drive home was fine, after 1 week had this sweaking sound which sounded like it was coming from the rear of the passenger side. Turned out to be the door hinge, and after applying some greese all is now ok.

Never ever thought it would of been that cause i was 100% sure it was coming from the rear. Anyway good old Dad fixed it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Squeaks caused by anti sway bar plastic bushings

The dealer identified the highly annoying squeaking on my car as the crap plastic bushings Audi bonds to the anti-sway bars.

The entire rest of the automobile universe uses individual rubber or polyurethane bushings that can easily be changed but the braintrust at Audi decided to BOND crap plastic bushings directly onto the metal sway bar. Guess they don't understand that suspension components work and flex which causes bonded parts to tear or crack. Will let you know if they honor the warantee which my car still is covered by.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts