Audi Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
a 2000 audi S4 without even thinking about it!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
could you tell me why? 2002 audi is new model. i think it's good. but in s4 there are more power. i whant power but body work is nicer and technology is bether in 2002. i need arguments. could you tell me how uch fulel uses s4? it's wery important to me.
thanx :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
There's not that much more technology in the B6 A4, just different body panels n such. It still uses the same ol' 1.8t from the B5's, but its also like 500lbs heavier. I don't think the 02's came with 6-speed. So by getting the 00' S4, you'll be getting a slightly lighter car, way better motor, and a 6-speed. You'll have to check maintenenc records on both since I'm sure neither of them are still in warranty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
B6 A4's 170hp, ~210 chipped
B5 S4's 250hp, ~310 chipped

Not sure on fuel milage, my 1.8t is great on road trips, but either of these motors will get thirsty when mixed with a lead foot. My wife can go well over a week on a tank of gas commuting to work in my Audi, I'm lucky to make it to friday without having to fill up. But hey, whats the point in buying gas if you can't enjoy it :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
310 chiped? how much does it costs and what i have t put into engine?
what about max speed. i know that in USA its limited by 230 km/h. culd it be removed and is it simple? what about service?
and what can you tell me about 95-96 A4? in the begining i'm going to buy this one till i get enought money to bui S4 :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
for the 95-96 A4, are you going for the 1.8T or v6? cuz there's really no point to chip the 2.8 NA, the hp will only go up slightly! And i agree with MEDEL514, besides the look, there is really not much difference between the B6 and B5 1.8T, or maybe u want to go for the V6 3.0.. S4 is a lot more fun, much more faster :) (V6 2.7 Twin Turbo!!!!!)

·
Registered
14 Posts
For chips, check out the top 3: APR, GIAC, or REVO. any of those chips are great, check out their websites for details!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
i want a freakin S4 really bad,i say someone should buy my car for 10k so i can go get one!!! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
shifting said:
for the 95-96 A4, are you going for the 1.8T or v6? cuz there's really no point to chip the 2.8 NA, the hp will only go up slightly! And i agree with MEDEL514, besides the look, there is really not much difference between the B6 and B5 1.8T, or maybe u want to go for the V6 3.0.. S4 is a lot more fun, much more faster :) (V6 2.7 Twin Turbo!!!!!)
in my country is 1.6, 1.8, 2.6, 2,8 i think. :)
i think i'm going to buy 1.8 (without turbo and not quattro)
chip tuning would be for 2000-2001 s4 or A4 (b5) or A4 (b6) 1.8T quattro. i don't deside whits to buy later. or mabay i should buy EVOLUTION 8 or BOXTER for same price?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i've wached a chip tuning and Exhaust tuning. when you replacing Exhaust y get about 320 hp. when chip you get 310. how much do you get if you put them together?

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
im assuming around 350,i've read it some where before but i dont remember the link.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok thanx guys. :) if you can tell more so write here. problem is that in my country is dificult to find parts to theese cars and tuning is very expensive. but 350hp is realy temting. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts