Audi Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
he said they make it themselves or at least design it I guess. I will call some socal shops like you said and see what the deal is. The guy said an intake makes a good difference.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I called a couple of the places but no answer. The german motor sports place in NC said they have the chip and could send it, but someone has to know a lot about reprogramming and stuff like that cause they piggy back the chip and reprogram the ECU. But it will still cost 400 dollars. Maybe I should just order it and get someone to install it down here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i think after reading this entire long-ass post i've noticed something that , um, - would make all this imagining seem useless........

IF YOU MODIFY YOUR CAR AT ALL, YOUR WARRENTY WILL BE VOID.

i can gaurentee that.
before you do anything to your car, be sure your willing to give up that warrenty first. And there is absoluty NO parts that you could put on your ride without the dealer noticing (including the chip given the frequency of mechanics pulling codes off your car to troubleshoot a problem).

wait for your warrentee to expire, you cant have that much left on it.
a 2002 came with a 4yr./50K mile i think......
'06 is only a yr. away

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Not necessarily true. The chip can be changed before service (wet chip). And an intake and exhaust do not void warranty. I already checked. The chip may void warranty but the service guy told me they probably wont even care or notice at all. Plus I will just change out the chip for the old one.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Originally posted by JDCrowe@Dec 7 2004, 07:17 PM
IF YOU MODIFY YOUR CAR AT ALL, YOUR WARRENTY WILL BE VOID.
not true....

any bolt on mods which can be reversed (OEM parts put back on) will not viod the warrenty. For example, if you get an exhaust system, and you save the OEM one, and you need to have warrenty service done, they'll do the work. Rims =ok, suspension = ok, short throw = ok etc

an ecu upgrade sometimes viods your warrenty, but its up to the dealer. I've had two chiped cars still on warrenty from my dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
my dealer didn't even hesitate when i asked.
he said that only authorized audi parts ( i.e. Audi sport exaust, short throw shifter, etc. ) would not void the warrenty.
Rims and exterior parts i'm sure would be excluded, but anything else would void the warrenty i've been told.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Usually its at the discretion of your dealer. My dealer said modifications installed by them would not be void my warranty. In a situation like that, I’d bet that your Audi of America warranty would be void, but the dealer authorizing modifications would pick it up. My dealer gave me something in writing to this extent. (which I would highly recommend getting)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2004 Audi A4 3.0 with the ultra sports package. I am looking to buy an exhaust for my car, but I am not sure which exhaust I want. I was hoping you could help me. I am looking for a sporty exhaust sound but not to loud. I also don’t want it to be really quiet and not really hear it. I also don’t want it to sound like a Honda civic from the movie 2 Fast 2 Furious. I can’t really explain it I hope you kind of understand what I am looking for. I have done some research and I am looking at the Milltek, Thermal R&D, AWE, APR, Supersprint, and the Neuspeed exhaust systems for the B6 v6 3.0 A4. I was wondering if you knew the right one for me or could get me in contact with someone that could help me. I am also thinking of installing a short shifter from B&M or Neuspeed, and a cold air intake from Hyperflow. I was also wondering what you thought about these other upgrades, and if you have any suggestions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
LLTek is a great place to order grills because the can paint it before it ships and they have a large selection. I would also check out Upsolute chips, decent priced and have heard good things. I am going that route. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
GO with that oettinger grill that was previously posted on this subject. In my opinion, that looks the best, and what looks the best on audis is all color matched if possible, it would look extremely ugly to get some crome grill put on there; really cheesy. Also, silver doesnt really go; either painted dolphin grey to match which is a great color, or even look on ebay for the stock S4 grill, that looks good too!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts