Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone can help, that would be great. I was driving my 2002 A6 last night and as I came to a stop, it stalled, and the ESP warning light is now on. Any ideas of why this might happen? It stalled once more, but hasn't again. When I take off from a stop, it hesitates then goes. thanks, Natalie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Ref your problem is it a Multitronic gearbox I had something similer and audi had to change the gearbox sorry all the best Terry

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got my car back after having this similar problem. I actually had this problem 3 times and took it in each time and had something different changed, so I will just tell you all the things they told me and the fixes I've had done.

1st time: all 6 of my cylinders had carbon build up and needed to be cleaned, I needed a fuel injection flush
2nd time: changed my catalytic converter
3rd time: changed fuel pressure valve--it was stuck

Each time I drove out of the dealership parking lot thinking the problem was solved, but then it happened again, so I am not sure whether any of these was/is the true problem. Just wanted to let you know of my experience.

·
Registered
2 Posts
we have had the same problem for the last 5 months! the first three times the dealer replaced the mass air flow sensor and this last time they replaced the engine wiring harness. no luck, we get it back from the dealer and within the next week the same thing happens. 2002 A4 3.0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts