Hi, I'm new here and I have a 2002 A4 1.8 quattro with 87K miles and so far I've been having some problems with the car. (I bought it a year ago with 60K miles.)
1. left turn signal is no working, is not the bulb, is not the fuse, I took it to AUDI dealership and they told me that the connectors inside of the assembly are not working properly and I need to replace headlight assembly which costs more that $ 300 dollars. (that means that fix the stupid turn signal is going to cost me more that $ 300, **** no...to much money, I'm been driving the car like that for almost 4 months. ) SUCKS (it's xenon by the way)
2. Sunroof is not working properly, opens but do not close.....pain in the ****. I think is the sunroof motor and I don't know how much it costs yet.
3. AUDI dealership told me that I need to do 80K miles maintenance. The parts for tune up and the 80K miles maintenance will cost around $ 500 dollars. labor around $ 200. I think is too much for a stupid tune-up. well I haven't do it yet.
4. Audi dealer ship told me that I need to replace Timer belt and water pump at 80K miles. They affirm that if I don't do it as soon as possible, timer chain can get broken and damage engine head. Timer Belt and water pump (parts and labor) in the dealership cost around $ 1800 dollars, I been asking somewhere else and the cheaper place that I found it will cost around $1000. I haven't do it yet.
5. I did replaced the clutch assembly, because stupid first owner didn't know how to drive 5 speed. (around $500 dollars)
I LIKE THIS CAR A LOT , IT'S DENIM (OCEAN) BLUE AND IT HAS 18" LOW PROFILE TIRES WHIT 5 STROKES TSW SILVER WHEELS AND IT LOOKS REALLY COOL, ALSO I DID PAINT CALIPERS WITH RED PAINT AND ADD WHITE AUDI RING LOGO STICKERS TOO IT, LOOKS VERY NICE, ALL PEOPLE LIKE IT(maybe I will post a picture of it soon) BUT I THINK MAINTENANCE IS TOO EXPENSIVE. I'M CONSIDERING TO SWITCH TO BMW AGAIN.
if you have any ideas, suggestions or comments please let me know.