Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, first post here and just my luck.. Its coz ive a problem...

I replaced the drivers side dipped beam headlight bulb the other day and ever since i have an overheating problem... Surely they cant be connected.

The tempereature coolant warning comes on and the temp guage rises the quicker i go... The more throttle i use, the more the temp rises.

Also the heater in the car seems to take ages to get warm...

Does anybody have any ideas ?...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to add...

Ive checked the coolant level and its fine, oil is ok too.
I drove into work today (about 20 miles) and the temp guage stayed in the middle almost all the way, but the heater in the car blew cold...
When i was almost at work the heater started working but the temperature guage started to climb slightly.
The temp does not seem to climb if the car is in traffic or at idle. Only when the throttle is on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm... Now the plot thickens... The bulb i replaced blew last night. I'm wondering if i've got a short somewhere.
I noticed that the connector that plugs into the headlight assembly also has wires running to the fans etc.
Ha ha typical though, soon as my heater stops working it starts snowing...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, took the car to my local Audi dealer on monday and after tests they said that the radiator fan and controller module were faulty, not a cheap repair. So they said they would order them in and sure enough, next day i got a call to say the car was ready.
Well, after picking up the car, i get half way home and the overheating starts again. So back i go with the car to be told that the original diagnosis was wrong and it was the plastic impeller on the waterpump that had came off.
So back on go the old fans etc, they were perfectly healthy. And the waterpump was replaced the next day.
Who knows what tests they done on the car on monday, all i know is they cost £70 and were useless.
My first Audi dealer experience, and not a very good one.
Anyways, at least ive got the car back and it seems to be ok now :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there...

I got the timing belt done at the same time so it cost about £360 for the lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts